Monday, December 1, 2008
My Political Side
OK, so last night I revealed my nerdy side in my sleep deprived state (and no, I wasn't running around, I'm just THAT clumsy). Today I'm posting about FOCA (The Freedom of Choice Act). I'm not here to tell anyone what to believe on this matter - unless you ask :o) - I just want to share what I read with anyone who feels like I do about it. The following was taken from the Fight FOCA site.
Barack Obama’s promise to Planned Parenthood: The first thing I’d do as President is sign the Freedom of Choice Act. That’s the first thing I’d do.
The Freedom of Choice Act (FOCA) would eliminate every restriction on abortion nationwide.
• FOCA will do away with state laws on parental involvement, Partial Birth Abortion, and all other protections.
• FOCA will compel taxpayer funding of abortions.
• FOCA will force faith-based hospitals and healthcare facilities to perform abortions.
This would eradicate state and federal laws that the majority of Americans support, such as:
• Requirements that women be given information about the risks of getting an abortion
• Only licensed physicians can perform abortions