Tuesday, March 3, 2009

I'm not convincing

The other night, Livy asked Aaron if she could watch Monsters, Inc., her current favorite movie. He thanked her for asking so nicely and said that we couldn't watch it at that time, so she folding her hands in the begging position (Where'd she learn that?!) and asked if she could "puhweese watch Monsers."

He said, "We can't watch it right now, but you are very convincing."

To that she replied, "I'm not Convincing; I'm Olivia!"


This afternoon in the Kindergarten class, one sweet girl made a little craft for me and told me I could put anything in it I wanted. When I asked her for a suggestion, she said I could put a dog in it. I drew a puppy and said her name is Gracie, like my dog. Her jaw dropped, and she told me, "I have a dog named Gracie. I used to have a dog named Muffin, but she died and is in heaven now."

I went along with the whole pets-go-to-heaven-thing (because they do) and said, "Oh, wow. So now she's healthy and happy."

Sweet Girl said, "Well...God IS pretty nice."

Cute. And from the heart.

No comments: