Friday, November 28, 2008

These are a few of my favorite things!

Most of Livy's favorite songs are from The Sound of Music. Every time we're in the car, she sings, "So, Do, La, Fa, Mi, Do, Re. You can sing most any thing." Sometimes she gets stuck on this line, or maybe it's just her favorite, but she sings it over and over and over and...(you get the idea): "Me, a name I call my sewf." Like a broken record she sings it. It's the most beautiful sound I've ever heard. So, since we're always singing these songs and the song about our favorite things, I thought I'd make a Favorite Things list.

Olivia's Favorite Things
1. MILK
2. Hugs, kisses, and snuggles - but only if she's in the mood
3. Independence - "I got it. I got it."
4. Babies - She LOVES her 3-month-old cousin and two-month-old friend. She also loves her baby dolls and takes great care of them.
5. Singing and dancing. I'm sure she carries a tune better than I can. I'm also surprised at how well she knows lyrics to so many songs.
6. Fwens. (Friends) She often tells us she wants to go play with friends.
7. Animals - feeding ducks, riding elephants, zoo visits, catching frogs, etc. Seeing and interacting with animals really makes her happy.
8. Milk. Yes, I already mentioned that one, but she loves it so much it should be written twice.
9. Playing pretend. She dresses up, pretends to go shopping and "bye-bye," and carries a purse while making important phone calls.
10. Chicken (asks for it for breakfast), chips, oatmeal, rice, cheese, yogurt, bananas, apples, mandarin oranges, but she's not especially interested in too many sweets.
11. Chocolate, the exception to #10.
12. Playing with Daddy. He can get smiles, giggles, and laughter out of her than I ever could. Tickle Monster, Airplane, and "I'm gonna get you!" are some of her favorites. She

No comments: