Thursday, April 3, 2008

Another First

Bedtime routines are crucial in our little household. Even to the last detail...like reading while sipping on a cup of milk, Livy turning out the light, and, most importantly, rounding up all her babies to go night-night with her. Well last night we finished the list of tasks with a bedtime prayer as usual. Olivia folds her hands sometimes but always watches with a smile. This time, after I finished and said "Amen" she shifted her gaze off me, turned on her side, folded her hands, and in her sweet elfish voice said, "Daddy. Ah-min." Her first self-composed prayer. Brought tears to my eyes, and Daddy was pretty happy to hear the story when he got home from work last night. I think we all had sweet dreams after that.

5 comments:

Stephanie Robertson said...

It's moments like these I look forward to the most.

GloryandGrace said...

Oh, you must have fought back tears at how precious that was to hear her say! I can only imagine how happy it made Aaron, too :)

Thanks for sharing such a sweet and unforgettable moment!

Carissa said...

Those are the best. I love bed time just because we all pray and then I sing songs to them and tuck them in. Last Sunday we sang Jesus loves me and I cried the whole way thru because Ronnie said Mommy that's MY nighttime song.
Sounds like Livvy really loves her Daddy.... and Mommy too!

Amber said...

Aw, I'm tearing up right now. What a sweet moment!

I'm glad you liked my videos! I have to keep those grandparents far, far away informed of the cute little things they miss!

DL Momma said...

That brings tears to my eyes..